Senior Audit Manager, Financial Crime
Job no: 40065515_11082019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Finance & Accounting
The Wealth Management, Risk Management, Finance & Support Services team is responsible for auditing a broad range of CBA businesses and is split into a number of core areas, Wealth Management, Risk Management, Finance & Support divisions. The Wealth Management portfolio includes the CommInsure, Colonial First State (CFS), & Advice businesses. The Risk team provide central oversight over operational and regulatory risk requirements affecting the Group and GA&A’s audit response to these. The Finance team provide central oversight of the financial requirements affecting the group, excluding the treasury function (as this is part of the Corporate Banking portfolio). The Support Services division includes Group Governance, Corporate Affairs, Human Resources, Group Strategy and Group Marketing.
The team is made up of people with experience across a range of areas and must be adaptable to suit the work allocated to them.
Do work that matters
- Deliver high value advice by identifying issues, insights and productivity opportunities to the EM and the team, which enable pragmatic business change and align with the strategic direction of the business.
- Identify opportunities to share learnings across GA&A and the business, to help the Group to improve.
- Participate in thematic Group-wide audits, including benchmarking and trends across the Group, as required.
- Support the EM in managing difficult customer conversations concerning adverse reports, and influence the business to resolve control weaknesses.
- Proactively monitor emerging risks across the portfolio to provide early identification of key areas of concern for the Group.
- Drive high performance by taking accountability and leading audit team members to achieve GA&A strategic targets and goals.
- Solve problems by applying innovative thinking. Actively participate in processes to capture and act on innovation ideas, which improve the way we work and develop leading practices.
- Positively and proactively participate in changes relating to all work practices, including strategy, productivity, and methodology changes, to ensure direct reports and audit teams actively implement and embed changes into their audit activities.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Internationally recognised auditing or professional accounting qualification
- Wealth Management, Risk Management or Financial Services industry knowledge and experience gained either in industry or professional services firms.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, internal auditing, risk management strategies and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the Financial Crimes environment, for example, Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing, Economic and Trade Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
- Demonstrated ability in building strong customer relationships based on credibility, rapport and trust
- Demonstrated ability in deriving commercial insights
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time