Officer Governance Support, China
Job no: 1027134
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Institutional Banking
CBA first established the Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) Shanghai Branch in December 2009. In July 2013, CBA also established a IB&M Beijing Branch and the IB&M Shanghai Branch became the headquarters of CBA’s IB&M China business. IFS is an exciting, innovative and diverse business responsible for the growth of the Commonwealth Bank Group’s (CBA) businesses in emerging markets. Supported by the strength and security of the CBA Group, the IFS business employs approximately 2,600 people across four countries and two continents.
The Officer, Governance Support, supports line manager to manage day to day relationship with Hangzhou Bank (HZB) and Qilu Bank (QLB) in China.
You will be a key contributor to IFS’ ongoing role to support CBA’s minority investments in HZB and QLB (focus on one of the two partners). Your key responsibilities include:
- Assist CBA and IFS in the day-to-day relationships with HZB and QLB (CBA’s minority investments), including the facilitation of communications and coordination of visits between IFS and HZB / QLB
- Support CBA and IFS in their monitoring and reporting on the corporate governance of HZB and QLB, including the functioning of their boards and committees, in line with CBA’s role as a shareholder of HZB and QLB
- Provide support to the CBA nominee directors in fulfilling their duties, including coordination of board papers distribution, translation and interpretation services; and support in relation to CBA nominee directors’ regulator engagements
- Provide translation and interpretation services as required in support of the IFS China business
- Manage external translation vendors when there is need
- Assist line manager and manager-one-removed with other key initiatives in IFS
To be successful:
- More than 3 years company secretary or similar experience in PRC, including at an international financial institution (banking preferred);
- Basic understanding of PRC laws, regulations and procedures for company administration;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage relationships;
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese
In return you will get the opportunity of working for Australia’s leading bank that can offer genuine work/life balance, a great office culture and stable team. What are you waiting for, apply today to be considered!
China Standard Time
China Standard Time