Job no: 40059630_09092019
Business group: Business and Private Banking
Grade: CBA AMD
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Business Banking, Corporate Banking, Private Banking, Credit
See yourself in our team
Our Business & Corporate Banking (BCB) business serves over 10,000 clients in the medium to large business segment across Australia, with complex financial needs and turnover >$10m.
We are committed to understanding our clients, and delivering insights and creative solutions, to drive sustainable business growth.
Do work that matters
Do you want to work in a collaborative team and help to drive a market to continuing success? Are you currently writing complex credit papers and consider yourself highly skilled in cash flow analysis?
As an Analyst, you will undertake financial modelling and analysis and assess the risks/opportunities on new lending, as well as the risks associated with increases in client credit for a diversified Corporate Banking portfolio. The portfolio, which has no property lending, will be focusing on clients who are seeking to borrow $30m-$150m.
More specifically, you'll:
- Research, analyse and develop a comprehensive database of client/industry specific information, ideas and solutions
- Complete complex 3-way financial modelling and analysis relating to Corporate Banking clients
- Assess the risks/opportunities on new lending, as well as assessing the risks associated with increases in client credit with a specific focus on cash flow drivers and the appropriation of a covenant set.
This is an outstanding opportunity to gain exposure to sophisticated Corporate Banking clients/deals with a strong and successful business.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have solid experience writing and analysing credit transactions, as well as completing annual reviews and reporting, ideally within Institutional or Corporate Banking
- Have highly developed financial analysis and cash flow modelling skills
- Have client service experience ideally in a corporate, commercial or business banking environment
- Have strong commercial acumen, and risk management knowledge
- Be able to quickly grasp complex transactions, and ideally have previous 'new to bank' transactional and credit risk experience
- Have sound communication skills.
- Be able to work effectively both autonomously and within a team environment
- A tertiary qualification in Business/Finance and/or Commerce would be desirable
Our culture (Equal Opportunity)
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
We value you and won't leave you hanging so expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Back to search results