Manager, Operational Risk & Control - Business Customer Solutions
Job no: 40012462_10092019
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
- We support a successful business
- We see risk as an investment
- We perform interesting and challenging work
See yourself in our team
Business Customer Solutions (BCS) is a centre of excellence for innovation development and capability within the Group. We develop transformative technology and payments products including the New Payments Platform and our Albert terminals.
The Line 1 Operational Risk and Controls team is a centralised function, which is embedded with their product teams to leverage a deep understanding of transaction banking products and their business customers’ objectives to ensure that there is effective oversight, governance and management of operational risks.
Do work that matters
Reporting to the Senior Manager Operational Risk and Control aligned with payments product business (Commerce Solutions) you will provide guidance on risk management and co-ordinate and implement effective risk management activities under the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) for international payments, domestic payable and receivables, merchants and ecommerce products. You will specifically be responsible for:
- Developing an end-to-end understanding of the products, and driving continuous improvement;
- Enabling sound commercial decision-making in product management and development, projects, and business opportunities;
- Ensuring the business operates within the Bank and BCS’ appetite for risk;
- Promoting a strong risk culture within the Line 1 Risk team, and the broader BCS business;
- Providing insights, identifying trends and developing strategies to mitigate emerging project and business risks;
- Supporting BCS to implement effective risk management activities under the Group’s Operational Risk Management Framework;
- Incident and issue management.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Demonstrated experience in a risk, compliance, risk consulting, internal audit, controls assurance or product governance role.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Capacity to think creatively about the opportunities to increase risk awareness and support the enhancement of risk culture.
- Understanding of process improvement, end-to-end value chains and process governance
- Experience in Banking / Financial Services is preferred but not essential.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time