Analyst – Remediation Operations and System Analytics
Job no: 40069628_27092019
Business group: Retail Banking Services
Grade: CBA AMB
Work type: Contract/Secondment
Location: Sydney CBD Area
About your team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
The RBS Controls & Customer Outcomes (CCO) Team drives enhancements to business practices and processes by sustaining a focus on controls and customer advocacy to deliver better outcomes for our customers, shareholders and the community.
We do this through our four strategic pillars of preventing, detecting and responding to issues and embedding and sustaining the change we make into the business we support.
Teams include the RBS Central Investigation & Remediation Team (CIRT), Control Testing and Validation team and Control Strategy and Optimisation team
The CIRT team ensures customers are fully refunded for any bank error, determines the root cause of issues and works with product teams to implement control mitigants by managing centralised remediation projects on behalf of RLT and uplift BAU remediation capability.
Your impact and contribution
This role will require you to utilize SQL and scripting skills in conjunction with large data sets to enable remediation operation runs smoothly across RBS.
You will report into Manager of the Remediation Operation and system analytics function within the CIRT team
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Agreement / Secondment Opportunity.
What you'll be responsible for
- Build and support Automated scripts
- Support and maintain the capability for running customer payment and communication
- Administer customer remediation database for optimal space utilization.
- System administer the server and manage migration.
- Build new operation capabilities and federated technological solution
- Writing design/technical specification documents.
- Be a key participant in all activities of the program specific to the Remediation work stream under the direction of the Remediation Work stream Lead.
- Provide input to work stream plans and take responsibility for specific tasks in the plan.
- Responsible for identifying issues and risks specific to the Remediation Work stream and being aware of the program’s activities in their entirety so that risks and issues across work streams are identified and managed effectively.
- Work collaboratively with all resources involved in the Remediation work stream, including external consultants, Group Audit and RBS Legal to support their contributions for the success of the program.
- Works closely with the validation team ensuring they are engaged early and regularly throughout the work stream’s duration with the goal being successful first-time validation of the work stream’s activities.
What we would like from you
- Prior experience in design and developing business data assets (preferably on Teradata).
- Teradata SQL skills, with a preferable knowledge of Teradata Control Framework (TCF)
- Experience of Unix and VB scripting
- Prior experience of database or system administration is preferable.
- The ability to think creatively, problem solve and present the finding to stakeholders is critical
- Experience in Agile methodology delivering data assets and BI solutions is preferable
This role will allow you to develop stakeholder, strategy and management skills which will ultimately allow onwards progression to someone who is interested in a senior manager level role in RBS. CCO provides a platform to learn about all areas within RBS and get great exposure to the management of RBS.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Back to search results